Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Maintenance Worker

Today the husband told me he was going to bring by an associate of his who's in Boston for a couple of days. "But don't clean up." As if.

I got outside pretty early and got to work on the front bed, raking it out and--finally found my fancy limb trimmers--cutting back the rhododendron and evergreens. Spread several bags of black mulch--quite a change from the bright orangey-red mulch at my old house. It looks really nice. I also got the back "beds" raked out and cleaned up a bit. I planted one little azalea that has been a house plant for a month or so. The pupsters were out with me part of the time; they are such angels. They have learned so well to stay out of the street. Sometimes Tony the terrier will wander down the sidewalk and pretend he's deaf when I call him home. He's like my Grandma was, selectively deaf.

Anyway, I came in and straightened up the house. The husband brought his friend over, one of his favorite things to do. He hates how ambivalent I still am about this house. I think I'll feel better when the kitchen is in place. But it will always be a money pit, which is what I didn't want. I got a nice catalogue today with some really pretty Colonial Revival light fixtures, but too $$$. I have to get the lighting figured out for the kitchen and I seem to be on my own with that.

Well I still have my priority, which is travelling. I am working out our itinerary for our trip to Costa Rica and Panama this summer, and decided that we should finally learn to SCUBA dive. If now now, when? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment